Friday, October 3, 2008

North America's Best = Chicago

Not the movie based on the musical. Not the misspelling of 'chicano.' The city.

I love Los Angeles for the buzz. You can go basically anywhere in the city and surrounding towns and see movie stars, film sets, musicians... It's got a creative buzz there that you can feel. And, it's challenging. A little too challenging for most, but what's life without a challenge?

I love Toronto for it's cleanliness. I don't think that there's one single piece of garbage on the ground. And, the people are very friendly. If you ask someone abOOt the weather, they'll tell you all abOOt the weather. Yah! They will indeed.

I love Las Vegas for the nightlife. Because the city doesn't sleep, you can do anything at anytime. It's a perfect place to conceive a child.

I love San Francisco for the diversity and acceptance. It's a progressive city that's always ahead of the curve on everything from gay rights to environmentalism. And, if you go there, you'll meet a guy by the name of Escape Man. He will change the way you think about EVERYTHING.

I love Fort Lauderdale for the relaxation and beaches and boardwalk. It doesn't have the bloated ego of Miami, but it has the warm sun and good times... without the constant judging.

I love Ensenada and Cozumel for the Papas and Beer and dolphins.

I love Negril, Montego Bay and Ochos Rios. For a third world country, Jamaica me crazy for Jamaica, mon! Everytin dere's aiyree...

I love Cleveland for LeBron James. And, the Rock'n'Roll Hall Of Fame. And, my brother from another mother Branson Wright.

I love Washington, Boston and Philadelphia for the history and sports teams.

I love New York for the... nobody loves New York except for Carrie Bradshaw.

I love all these cities in North America. But, the best city in this great land is Chicago. And, I'm not just saying that because I've packed up all my belongings and moved here to start my family and make films. No. Not at all.

Look:

http://www.insideyourchicago.com/images/purple_chicago_skylineresized.jpg

Listen:

http://www.670thescore.com/

Learn:

Sports = Bears, Bulls, Cubs, White Sox, Blackhawks
Music Venues = The House of Blues, The Aragon Ballroom, The Metro
Pizza = Lou Malnati's, Giordano's, Gino's East
Bars/Pubs/Clubs = Emmitt's, Club 720, Soundbar
Museums = do your own google search

I challenge you to name another city that's better. And, please state why. Hunter S. Thompson said it best: "Every time I go to Chicago I come away with scars." Yes. You can't DO Chicago without getting a little dirty. So, roll up your sleeves and get to it. I'll see you here.