Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Super Bowl

In 2006, I had the very fortunate and extremely lucky chance to attend Super Bowl XL. I stayed for only half of the game because I verbally sparred with a yuppie assface who sat behind me. There wasn't a problem the entire first half, but when The Rolling Stones hit the stage for the Half-Time Show, the part of me that dances when great classic rock comes on came alive. And, I danced. Or shook. Or stood and boogied.

Well, I guess you're not supposed to stand when watching The Stones. No. You supposed to be an old, crusty douche bag who sits there with his legs crossed and take in one of the greatest bands of all-time with a chip on your shoulder. I was wrong (even though the title of this blog states otherwise) and I learned my lesson.

I don't know. Maybe if I could do it over, I would've just sat and enjoyed the songs with a satisfied grin on my face, holding back every instinct to move during music. I guess. As I grow older and (hopefully) wiser, I grow less and less likely to start shit. Even though I really didn't start anything. But, you get my point. I think great tunes qualify someone to at least bob their head. But, I'll abide.

So, with the exception of the white-collar-cunt run-in, the Super Bowl is one of the greatest events to attend. It's not just the game, it's the pre-parties and events surrounding the game. It's great for couples, friends, family - it's perfect for a day of celebration.

Which leads to this Sunday's Super Bowl. Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardinals. Defense vs. Offense. Big Ben vs. Kurt Warner (Sorry, no cool nicknames for the biggest dork in the NFL). Here's my prediction:

Steelers 31 Cardinals 20

Big Ben wins Super Bowl MVP in a redemption of XL's 2 INTs. He passes for 250 yards and 2 TDs, no picks, plays perfect ball. Kurt Warner will finally nose dive this year and fall flat on his face. He'll throw a couple interceptions, and run his team into the ground.

Happy betting! And, I'll see everyone on the Monday drag. Good day.

PS - As you might be able to guess, I don't like Kurt Warner. I usually like all decent or good players. I know he put up exceptional numbers this year, but I don't like him. It's not that I don't like him, I just think he's silly (Thanks, Travis Bickle). I don't like his butch cut wife. I don't like the glove on his throwing hand. Am I alone? Does anyone feel the same?