Friday, January 9, 2009

On A Cold (And Snowy) Winter's Morn

Hello everybody!

I'm back... and I'm feeling good.
I love this land like I knew I would.
Back at home, back into town.
One more time around.

Last time here everything felt wrong.
The tune has changed. A way different song.
The key is to not let it get me down.
One more time around.

I'll try new things, find a place.
I'll look in the mirror and recognize my face.
I'll always keep both feet on the ground.
One more time around.

Will the sun shine the same?
Will sadness bring out the rain?
Will I return to find my sound?
One more time around?

I'll do anything, talk to any being.
No disagreeing with what I'm seeing.
I am the king. I'm going to wear the crown.
One more time around.

Sometimes when you don't have the words, it's better to write a song about it. This is a song I wrote a while back. It's called "One More Time Around." If you ever need a little confidence booster, a nudge that you're doing the right thing in your life, this song is for you. Sometimes it gets choppy out there, and we need a song to come in and give us a helping hand. Okay. There you go. Now, onto a couple of more important things, starting with...

What's with the noises coming out of the bathroom stalls in public restrooms? Why are there so many grunts and exhales and sniffles and stretches? I go in there, expecting to do my business for a minute or so, and I hear some strangers bathroom sounds? Can't all that happen in there without the sound effects? Can't it be a quiet process where he flushes a lot? Man! This is getting out of hand. Is this some sick way to share a private moment with a stranger? Because if it is, it's disgusting. I'm sorry to all my women readers on this one. But, the fellas have to deal with some rough stuff in the restroom. And, I've had it! No more noises! Bite your lip!

Why does Comcast Cable, or all cable companies for that matter, NEVER get it right with A&E Biography? Every single time I'm flipping through the channel menu and I come across A&E Biography, I look to see who's on there. Oh. It's Hugh Jackman. He's a fine actor. Wolverine. From Australia. Maybe I'll plop down in front of this for a minute or two. Then, I select said channel, and it's Robert Downey, Jr.'s biography. Okay. Fine. Good trade. Love Downey. He's great. But, it said Jackman! And, when did A&E Biography turn into TMZ? I want to hear about the essence of the man or woman. Not the latest tabloid fodder. And, why do they only use three pictures? Can't they reach into the archives and get a couple more photos to put on the show? Every single shot has the same photo. Come on!

This is what worries me. This keeps me up at night. Public toilets and A&E Biography. What keeps you up at night? The Boogeyman?

It's great to be back. I hope you all enjoy the weekend. And, I hope one of your New Year's Resolutions wasn't to stop reading this blog. I hope it was to START reading this blog. Either way, here's a sprinkle of peace... followed by a pinch of success... and touch of love... and a dash of honey.